Sunday, June 5, 2022

Horseshoe Bend

 I have always seen pictures of Horseshoe Bend but never really knew what to expect. We got into the parking lot and there is a charge to get in, I think around $10. We parked and it is about a 1/2 mile hike to the actual lookout. It is absolutely amazing and we decided it is one of the only places we have been where pictures actually look somewhat like the real thing.  


I didn't expect that it would make me feel so dizzy though when we looked out over the overlook. There were people everywhere and they were all out climbing on the edges and getting close to the edge. It was making me SO NERVOUS!  I was so afraid I was going to witness someone falling to their death. It is SO FAR DOWN! The boats looked like little toys in the water. The kayaks at the bottom were like grains of rice. It was really amazing and scary at the same time.  It is truly beautiful. 

Caleb had a really hard time with it and it made him so uneasy watching people. He started to walk back because he was so uneasy with it. 

I am so glad we made sure to see it. 

We were going to go to Antelope Canyon, but we didn't realize you have to have a tour guide take you. It is on an Indian Reservation as well and you are not allowed to just go. All the tours we saw or looked at either wouldn't allow children under 5 or 6, or they were fully booked. Not to mention it would have cost us around $700 to go see it. We decided to save it for another trip. It is something I absolutely want to see, but we can't do everything on this trip. We headed back to the campground and got set up for the night. The kids started fighting and whining etc. and it got to be a little much. I ended up giving all the kids melatonin, so they could just get calm and relaxed for bed. I think we have been going and going and going and it is going to take a toll on everyone at some point. We finally got them settled in and we all got in bed and the kids watched a movie and Brad and I watched a movie and we all finally fell asleep. 

No comments:

Who I am Through Pictures