Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Shack

I had been wanting to read this book for a while as I kept hearing so much about it. I think this book has had quite a bit of controversy surrounding it, but I just finished reading it today. If you have not read it, it is worth the read! I really liked the way that The Trinity was portrayed in this book. It kind of gave me a more realistic picture of the way a relationship with the Lord should be. How He is always there by our side. I know and see why there is controversy, but I think sometimes people "read" into things like this too much. I really liked it and I appreciate the way it made me think about my relationship with the Lord. It is a sad book and parts are hard to read (especially if you have children).

Has anyone else read this? If so what did you think about it?

1 comment:

Daiquiri said...

I just read this book too - although I hadn't heard any sort of controversy until after I'd read it. There are some points where I thought "that's not right!", but for the most part, I liked it. In fact, I write a weekly series about my walk with the Lord, and I've decided to use sections from this book in the next few weeks. I'm glad to see that there's someone else out there who enjoyed it :-)

Who I am Through Pictures