Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Day 5: The Sand Dunes Await

 The kids were up before 7 this morning and I didn't sleep well. It got down to 38 degrees last night and I was worried the kids would be cold and then I kept thinking about other things and my dreams were intense for some reason, so I woke up feeling less than rested. Right as I was about to fall asleep last night Elijah came in our room and said his breathing was tight and his mouth was so dry etc. I realized he was just worrying about things when he said "I just want to go back home." I reassured him that we were fine and as long as we are all together that is our home, just not our house. I had him lay down and take slow deep breaths and he was fine.  

Today we are going to rent sand boards and sleds and head out to the sand dunes to play. I feel like this area is a huge outdoor playground for my kids. Caleb has been climbing on everything and thrives in the outdoors. Supposedly there is a river at the base of the dunes etc. We may try to go to the hot springs as well this evening. I think it would be a fun experience for the kids.  

I will check back in later today with the adventures from the day. 

No comments:

Who I am Through Pictures